“Let the town of Purna grow to perfection with ‘Buddhi’ (intellect)”, keeping this mission statement close to heart, a few committed individuals of Purna have come together and established Shri Guru Buddhiswami Mahavidyalaya, more than three decades ago, in the year 1983 much to the aspirations and expectations of the people of Purna Taluqa.
It was the time when the parents truly felt the need for higher education institution at Purna as their wards were forced to migrate to the nearby cities for under graduate studies. The college has a long and distinguished history in the domain of education which increasingly becoming challenging, interesting and dynamic.
The S.G.B. Mahavidyalaya, is affiliated to Swami Ramanand Teerth Marathwada University, Nanded
Institute is Reaccredited (2nd Cycle) by NAAC at 'B' Grade with '2.42' CGPA, ISO 9001:2005 Certified Institute
Its aim is to cater to the educational needs of the rural and backward classes of the region. The College now boasts of its illustrious alumni, serving in the diversified fields.
To strive to build an intellectual society, morally sound based on the foundation of reason and Scientific approach, devoid of blind faith and dogmatism.
• Generation, dissemination and transmission of knowledge.
• To provide the poor and the backward class students with an access to higher educational facilities.
• Preparing students for PG studies, research, and prepare them to meet the challenges of a knowledge-based society.
• Equipping students with the necessary skills and competencies required to enhance their employability prospects.
• Eradication of superstitions, promoting scientific outlook and community work.
• To encourage the rural and the backward class students to identify their hidden talent and to their abilities in sports and cultural activities.
• To create adaptable people with sound judgement and reasoning, able to solve problems and spare efforts in the nation building.
• To create awareness about health, environment and human rights.
• Encouraging students to opt for programmes on entrepreneurship and self employability.
• To create learning environment that fosters critical thinking
• To be cognizant that education is the highest leveller of all inequities in life.